Saturday, November 20, 2010

I Interrupt My Regularly Scheduled Blog Post...

To share the super-cool-artsy-fartsy-fun day I had today!

Remember this little guy?!?

Today's artwork is not a painting...  It involved an all day process (9am until 9pm!) and was unlike anything I've ever done before!  (Even though it technically can't be considered part of my 30 in 30 for 30 project, I definitely wasn't slacking off!)

"Turkey Pour 2010"

I created today's sculptural relief piece at an iron pour my sister Stevie invited me to.  The iron pour was hosted by the sculpture department at my sister's college.  It was an all day event and I learned a lot.  (You tube has lots of iron pour videos if you're interested in learning more about them.)

Back to painting tomorrow (I'll be doing an extra to make up for today)...

It's day 20 of AEDM, so be sure to stop by the Creative Every Day blog to share in the fun!

9 comments:

  1. How fun to try something so different and I love the end result. Great stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to see those in person! Even the photos are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ps - Every day I'm more glad that both of you are artists . . .

    (Hopefully, very famous to support us in our old age ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, that looks amazing. I have never heard of such an event, but your cute little snail made a great mold. He is adorable you know.

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow, how fun! It must have been a great day. I love your snail. xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  6. How cool! What a great experience!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is sooo kool...Thanks foar sharing with us...it looks adorable..both pieces

    ReplyDelete

Hi! I love and appreciate all of your comments! I turned off the word verification so please don't leave me spam. Thanks!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...