Sunday, January 9, 2011

Sunday Sketches and Surprise, Surprise...

More Sketchbook Project Pages!

"If you weren't stuck in a cave  ...you'd be home by now"

I dug deep into art history for the inspiration for this page - all the way back to the Lascaux cave paintings in France:


The next page is a good illustration of how I'm feeling about the looming deadline for The Sketchbook Project...

"If you weren't suffering such angst  ...you'd be home by now"

This page was based on Edvard Munch's "The Scream":


After this emotional painting, I felt the need to move on to something more tranquil...

"If you weren't in someone else's garden  ...you'd be home by now"

This page was inspired by Claude Monet's "Water Lilies, Green Reflection":


(The theme for my sketchbook is "...you'd be home by now".  If you'd like to find out more about my inspiration, you can find it in this post.)

Don't forget to stop by Sophia's blog to see what my friends have been sketching this week!

p.s.  I want to thank Pavinee, Sandy Coleman, and Jehanne - they all nominated me for a "Stylish Blogger Award"!  My first two duties as a "stylish blogger" are to write 7 things about myself and pay it forward to 15 other blogs I've recently discovered.  Well, I would like to do it "in style", so I will be creating a post much like the one here after I complete the sketchbook project. 

I appreciate your patience as I work, work, work like a madwoman to get my sketchbook finished.  Stay tuned because as soon as it's done I'm all about sharing some blog love...

25 comments:

  1. I love, love, love the one based on The Scream. These are so much fun for me. I hope they are as much fun for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love these pictures and the gnomes....so fab!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kristin, I just have to say 'Wow!' These are amazing - you have such great ideas, and you really capture the feeling of each piece that inspires you! I continue to love the little knome too! So glad to have found your art this past year.

    Congrats on your award!

    Smiles

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Kristin!

    You are doing such a fun and fabulous job of this sketchbook!! I love all of it!

    How many pages left? Good luck finishing up!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW, Kristin, your work is just blowing me away each time I check your blog! I love the inspiration from great works of art coupled with your little gnome, such an amazing idea for your book. STUNNING!! x

    ReplyDelete
  6. thanks for all the art education in such a fun way, Kristin. Great work.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love all of these. I love how you incorporated all the masters and different styles. What a great job. I love everything you do!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What great pages - genius idea :)

    Love how the garden gnome popped up in the cave drawing too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. haha! I was just coming over to say that I've awarded you too!! :)Well, whats it they say about great minds... :)
    I'm loving your gnome finding his way home series... such fun and so well done..I particularly like your take on "the scream". Looking forward to seeing where the gnome goes next! X

    ReplyDelete
  10. wow, a wonderful series of sketches. Fun to see where you have found your inspiration and your own unique way of portraying it. wishing you the best as you finish up your sketchbook!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great pages. I love that gnomb of yours. I really like the Monet one (Monet is one of my favs.) the cave painting one is also super awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  12. love teh cave painting one...great texture...you do some amazing things with color blends...

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your sketchbook is a blast to view!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love all the pieces you used for your inspiration. I remember talking about Munch's "The Scream" in art class. :) I am a fan of VanGogh and Monet.

    Your pages look wonderful and I am seriously impressed at your determination and motivation to still meet the deadline. hee

    Happy SS!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I really love your take on the famous artists pieces!!!! Loved the Scream one espiecally hehehehe brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love all of these and I'm sure you will finish your sketchbook on time!

    ReplyDelete
  17. What an innovative and unique approach to the theme of your book! Fabulous! And I love yourl little elf/dwarf/leprechaun friend! he sure does get around!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Kristin I am loving your sketchbook and the gnome is so adorable. Beautiful paintings.

    ReplyDelete
  19. your work always makes me smile

    ReplyDelete
  20. These are all really great The cave drawing ...WOW! - your background there is fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  21. HAHAHAHAHA! what else will you think of?! don't forget the back of the refrigerator....

    (?) what's wrong with me? :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. I just took a spin through your sketchbook pages, and they're just wonderful! You're doing a fabulous job with this! nancy

    ReplyDelete
  23. This is going to be an AMAZING sketchbook Kristin, wow! I just love it....keep them coming you are on a roll!
    congratulations on the award, I adore you and your blog, you so deserve it !xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  24. These are so creative. Such a joy to look at. I love how you show your inspiration. It is really neat to see the two images together.

    ReplyDelete

Hi! I love and appreciate all of your comments! I turned off the word verification so please don't leave me spam. Thanks!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...