Wednesday, January 10, 2018

2018: 10/365

It's a snowgator!

Recently, a friend sent me a video of an artist using a stick to create snow calligraphy and then suggested I try snow painting.  Since I love a good challenge, I grabbed some watercolors (since I thought they would be the most environmentally friendly option) and decided to give it a try.

Things I discovered:
1. Snow painting is not easy.  Lol!
2. The colors don't spread easily with the brush,
but they do have a tendency to bleed some.
3. You have to work quickly because the colors seep into the snow
and start to fade away.

Things I will try next time:
1. Filling a spray bottle with premixed watercolor to fill in larger areas.
2. Using less watery watercolor for more detailed areas
(to try and avoid bleed).
3. Experimenting with "splatter".


2 comments:

Hi! I love and appreciate all of your comments! I turned off the word verification so please don't leave me spam. Thanks!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...